MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE
AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
VIETNAM NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence – Freedom - Happiness
No: 1532/TB –HVN
Hanoi, 01/9 2021
CALL FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICATIONS
MASTER PROGRAM IN FOOD TECHNOLOGY 2021
(For foreign applicants only)
Due to the impact of Covid-19 pandemic, Vietnam National University of Agriculture (VNUA) is pleased to announce that applications for Master Program in Food Technology taught in English within the VLIR–NETWORK Program approved by the Ministry of Education and Training at the Decision No.1596/QĐ-BGDĐT, dated on May 14, 2015 are extended.
1. Eligibility criteria
- International applicants must have obtained an academic Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in a discipline related to the content of the program from a recognized university, college or institute;
- Applicants are expected to have basic science training in at least 3 out of 4 of the following fields: (i) Mathematics, statistics and physics, (ii) Chemistry and biochemistry, (iii) Biology and microbiology and (iv) Engineering;
- Applicants having obtained BSc degree from a program where English is not the language of instruction need to have obtained a score of IELTS 6.0 or higher (or equivalent).
- Good health;
- On-time submission of documents.
2. Training type and duration
- Training type: Full-time
- Training duration: 2 years
3. Teaching language: English
4. Required documents for application
- An application form (see the sample attached);
- Personal profile (see the sample attached);
- Two certified copies of academic records of the undergraduate training program;
- Two certified copies of bachelor’s degree;
- One CV (see the sample attached);
- Health certificate (01 official certificate from an authorized hospital, issued within the last 3 months);
- One certified copy of personal ID card or passport;
- Three portrait photos (3x4 cm most recent photos, taken within the last 3 months);
- One certified copy of the certificate of English.
- Any additional supporting material may be preferred to include in the application.
5. Selection process:
- Submission deadline: October 8, 2020 to September 20, 2021
- Expected date for release of selection results: September 30, 2021
- Expected date of enrollment: November 15, 2021
6. Tuition and fees
- Registration fee: 460,000 VND
- Examination fee: 420,000 VND
- Enrollment fee: 335,000 VND
- Curriculum document: 200,000 VND
- Tuition fee for students from Vietnam: 63.000.000VND/2 years
- Tuition fee for students from Lao and Cambodia: 77.120.000VND/2 years
- Tuition fee for students from other countries: 92.520.000VND/2 years
- Each academic year, 5 full scholarships are granted by VLIR-Network Program (covering tuition and fees, accomodation, local health insurance, partial support to international travels to/from VNUA and monthly stipend) and 5 additional scholarships are granted by VNUA (covering tuition and fees, accomodation and local health insurance only).
Scholarship selection criteria
All applicants are evaluated based on the following standard criteria:
i) High academic achievement: This is based on the academic transcript and by testimony to the scholarly excellence that is provided by a letter of recommendation by a teacher.
ii) English proficiency
iii) Work experience
8. Award of degree
The Master degree is awarded by Vietnam National University of Agriculture (VNUA). The VLIR – Network Program will grant a certificate for students who successfully complete the Master Program in Food Technology.
9. How to apply
Interested applicants are kindly requested to submit the application form and related documents to:
Training Management Office – Vietnam National University of Agriculture
Trau Quy, Gia Lam, Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel: 84-4.62.617.520; 84-4.62.617.519 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please contact:
Dr. Tran Thi Thu Hang, Faculty of Food Science and Technology, VNUA
Tel: 84-962.907.472 - Email: email@example.com
Please note that due to the high number of applications, only selected applicants will be contacted.
- Ministry of Education and Training;
- Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development ;
- Board of Trustees;
- Applicants (website);
- University office
Pham Van Cuong