Faculty of Food Science and Technology always strives to be a leading scientific research center on post-harvest technology, Food Science and Nutrition, food processing technology, Biochemistry & Food Biotechnology, Food Safety and Quality management. The Faculty has full capacity in solving scientific and technological tasks of the University, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and other related Ministries.
1. Post-harvest technology
General orientation: Research and transfer of technological solutions, complete equipment for primary processing and preservation of key agricultural products to reduce post-harvest losses and improve the value of agricultural products.
* Pre- and post-harvest research
- Research and apply GAP to key agricultural products.
- Researching on production and application of biological products, growth regulators to control the ripening process and prolong the harvest of agricultural products.
- Research and application of low temperature in combination with controlled atmosphere and controlled atmosphere.
- Research and apply packaging and appropriate packaging technologies for agricultural products and foodstuffs.
- Researching on management of insects and diseases of agricultural products.
- Research techniques to control the ripening process of fruits after harvest.
- Improve existing technology and equipment. Researching and applying advanced technologies and equipment in preliminary processing and preserving of vegetables, tubers and fruits.
- Improve existing technology and equipment. Researching and applying advanced technologies and equipment in preliminary processing and preserving and preserving grain and tea agricultural products.
- Research and apply preservation technology during and after harvest for aquatic products and animal products.
2. Nutrition and food processing technology
Researching processing technology to diversify products, reduce costs, and at the same time, towards nutritious, healthy and convenient foods to use.
- Research on technology and equipment to diversify products to meet consumer tastes. Developing functional foods in the direction of valuing unexploited agricultural raw materials and by-products
- Research processing / processing methods to achieve optimal nutritional and sensory quality of food.
- Research on up - scaling traditional products to ensure food hygiene and safety.
3. Biochemistry & Food Biotechnology
General orientations: Studying and applying biotechnology in preservation, processing and control of food hygiene and safety
- Researching and applying microbiological technology in preserving and processing plant, animal and aquatic products,
- Researching and applying fermentation technology to produce microorganisms with probiotic properties applied in food.
- Researching and applying enzyme technology to produce prebiotics, applications in food.
- Research, select and create safe strains of recombinant microorganisms in food with high biosynthesis of enzymes and bioactive substances (bacteriocine ...), applied in preservation and processing. Products.
- Research and application of biotechnology in creating new food sources and supplementary feeds for livestock
- Research and application of biotechnology in processing agricultural and fishery by-products into valuable products (functional foods, animal feed, fertilizer, biofuel) improve environment.
- Research and apply biotechnology to quickly and accurately detect pathogenic microorganisms and food spoilage microorganisms.
4. Field of natural compounds
General orientation: Researching and exploiting highly bioactive compounds of natural origin and applying in food and medicine industries.
- Research and extract natural compounds from plants in order to create products with potential applications in the food and medicine industry.
- Research and extract biological active ingredients from aquatic resources for prevention and treatment of cultured aquatic products
- Research and extract compounds with high biological activity from marine organisms to serve as preventive and curative medicines
- Research and application of biotechnology in the extraction and conversion of natural compounds with the aim of increasing biological values.
5. Food Safety and Quality management
General orientation: Strengthen the application of food safety management systems according to national standards, and develop methods to quickly and accurately detect residues of chemicals, toxins and infected microorganisms. in food.
- Expanding the application of food safety management systems (according to ISO, HACCP, GMP, SSOP)
- Develop and apply methods to quickly detect toxic compounds (chemical residues, antibiotics, fungi toxins, microorganisms ...) in food.
- Researching and applying safe and natural additives for ensuring food hygiene and safety.