Faculty of Food Science and Technology has been achieved lots of scientific reputations. Some of which have been effectively transferred to farmers, cooperatives, and SMEs:
- Technological solutions to reduce postharvest losses of agricultural products such as longan, litchi, dragon fruit etc.
- Products to control fruit ripening and sucessfully apply for litchi (KIVIVA), oranges (KIVIKA), pineapple, persimmon etc.), and extend their postharvest shelf life;
- Application of pre- and post-harvest treatment to prolong the harvesting season, optimizing storage conditions, packaging, and transportation for high quality litchi in Luc Ngan district, Bac Giang province that meets domestic and export demands.
- Development of products to extend the shelf life of cut flowers
- Development of Post harvest technology for climacteric fruits: persimmon, tomato, avocado….
- Extraction of bioactive compounds from plant-based materials (green tea, sim fruits, assame apple ...) for food preservation.
Food Processing Technology
- Processing technology for health-promoting foods/Functional foods ( Herbal tea, Nutritional instant powder, Non- milk Probiotic, Products with high plant omega; High β-carotene/ lycopene juice….)
- Development of canned foods from indigenous agricultural products (Mixed juice; geminated soybean milk; peanut milk….)
- Development of bakery products with additional local ingredients
- Diversification of dairy products (red rice yogurt,
- Technology for fruit beer , and non- alcoholic beer processing.
- Natural compounds with high biological activity;
- Collection of food additives from natural sources;
Food biotechnology and biosensors
- Selection of microorganisms producing valuable enzymes such as heat-resistant α-amylase, FTS-ase, chitosanase